BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Jul 24, 2010

Crazy for Coconut!

After a busy week i finally got the time to bake a cake thats on the top of my to do list! I never made a full on coconut and i absolutely LOVE coconuts! There are so many desserts which you can incorparte coconut in.

So my day started of as a lazy one to be honest but the thought of warm coconut custard changed my mind! The filling of the cake is coconut custard with some shredded coconuts (yum?). After i cooked up the custard i poured the custard in a bowl covered the top with plastic and placed it in the fridge to cool. I started preparing a simple white cake recipe with coconut milk and a drop of coconut extract. I should count each time i say coconut in this post lol.

When the cakes were done baking I let it cool at room tempreture and when it was completly cooled i started preparing the cream cheese frosting (no coconut here) the sweetness of the coconut custard filling with perfectly compliment the sweet get tangy cream cheese frosting. I also semi-toasted some shredded coconuts.

Assembling the cake was pretty easy only took about 10 minutes! You can judge the result on your own!
My favourite part of this cake is the filling its so creamy and so so COCONUTY! It also thickned up beautifuly. I dont mind eating down a whole bowl of warm coconut custard, thinking about it makes my mouth water with joy!

over all the level of difficulty for this cake from a scale of 1-10 is a 3 =)

Warning thinking about this coconut cake might cause weight gain.



Loving the colors




mmmmmm....all wrapped in creamcheese

The mighty thick layer of coconut custard!



0 comments: